Crunchy ChickPea Snack (Popcorn Alternative)
The spices can be anything you like and as much or as little. Rosemary, a little salt and pepper are BOMB!. Add some ginger, red chili flakes, salt and sesame seeds for an Asian twist. Garlic and herbs are wonderful too—the possibilities are endless!
Calories: 313kcalFat: 10gProtein: 14gCarbohydrates: 45g
- 200 grams Chickpeas
- 4 grams Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chickpeas on a paper towel and roll around to dry the beans. Remove any loose skins. Pat dry.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin)
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet and mist with oil. Roll around to coat.
- Sprinkle with spices and toss well with spoon to coat.
- Make sure the chickpeas are in a single layer and place in the oven.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy, turning the chickpeas over after 15 minutes of roasting.
Seasonings: Whatever you want! We use Salt, Jerk seasoning and a garlic blend. (if you like spicy, make it spicy, if you like sweet, try brown sugar, salt and pepper) Watch the video on how to dry the Chick peas prior to baking. Use a sheet pan, line it with aluminum foil. Spray foil with a 0 calorie oil. mix chick peas, gently with oil. add to the pan. top with seasonings Bake for 45 minutes total or until texture (the longer the crunchy) Check every 15 minutes to mix it up.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!