Chik’n Tofu & Rice
FROZEN TOFUFreeze your tofu over night IN ITS ORIGINAL CONTAINER. Let it thaw out in warm water. Once its thawed out its the most AMAZING textureFreezing tofu gives it a chewier texture in addition to increasing its ability to absorb marinades!!Easy way to make this work: At night, put tofu in the Freezer, in the morning before you leave for work, put it in a bowl of warm water, and when you get back home, VIOLA!Check out this dinner video on how to prepare it and tell us what you think!
Serving: 1gSodium: 217.5mgCalcium: 225.6mgVitamin C: 72.9mgVitamin A: 5044.9IUSugar: 6.9gFiber: 9.4gPotassium: 1477.9mgCalories: 654.2kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 5.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.4gSaturated Fat: 2.1gFat: 13.2gProtein: 30.5gCarbohydrates: 106.2gIron: 6.3mg
- 220 grams Extra firm Tofu (Chopped) Use an alternate Protein source if you prefer
- 120 grams brown rice cooked
- 100 grams Bok Choy sautéed or your preferred veggie
- 40 grams Avocado
- 75 grams mushrooms Use whichever mushrooms you prefer
- 1 pepper Jalapeno pepper
- 45 grams Tomatoes
- 20 grams Sriracha
- Break frozen tofu apart and cook in skillet with a low to zero calorie cook oil spray , then add preferred seasonings. (ex. pink salt, sazon, cumin, pepper)
- Cook bok choy as shown in the video
- Heat the rice up in microwave.
- Place each ingredient next to each other in a bowl. (add some fun sauce to it if you like, sriracha is yummy.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!