Back to Program
The Lifting Library
Section 6, Lesson 1
Seated Hammer Curls
- Set up for the seated hammer curl by grabbing a flat bench or adjustable bench and placing a set of dumbbells at one end. If you’re using an adjustable bench, adjust the back to a 90 degree angle.
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet out in front of you and your knees together.
- Pick the dumbbells up off the floor and let them hang by your sides with your palms facing your body (neutral grip).
- Bend the arms slightly to take up the tension into the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your back straight and your elbows tucked in at your sides, slowly curl up the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps hard, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for prescribed sets and reps.