WHAT TO EAT ON A PLANT BASED DIET?
If you’re new to the plant-based diet, or need a foundational understanding of what foods to prioritize, we recommend grabbing a copy of the Plant-Based Nutrition Guide called Built By Plants. This Nutrition Guide will give you a complete education on the plant-based diet for rebuilding your body. Regardless if you’re brand new to being Vegan or you’ve been Vegan for years, within this 100+ page guide, there’s a lot that you can take away from it. But for now, let’s outline the basics. It’s a lot simpler than you make think. There are 6 Primary Plant-Based Food Groups:
- Fruits: berries, apples, bananas
- Vegetables: Leafy greens: such as Kale, Spinach,
- Proteins (Legumes: Beans, Lentils, Seitan, tofu, etc.)
- Whole grains (oats, brown rice, quinoa, grain breads, corn, pasta etc.)
- Nuts/seeds: Walnuts, pecans, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- ANIMAL PRODUCTS:
- MEATS: fish, beef, lamb, poultry, etc.
- DAIRY: milk, cheese, butter, yogurts, ice cream, sour cream, etc.
- EGGS, HONEY…
These are products that come from animals, but the good news is, if you enjoy any other these products, there are vegan alternatives to ALL of them that taste just as good if not better.
ALTERNATIVE ANIMAL PRODUCTS:
- Meat Alternatives: Tofu, seitan, soy, tempeh, mushrooms.
- Dairy Alternatives: Plant-based milks, cheese, butter, yogurts, ice cream, sour cream.
- EGGS: Scrambled Tofu, JUST Eggs
- HONEY: Maple syrup, date syrup, Agave nectar, maple syrup, coconut sugar
These are products that come from plants and are all great alternatives to the popular animal products you may be used to. We’d recommend having them in moderation.